Click here to see what Bon'App has to say about this cake.
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 can (19 ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
4 medium eggs
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp confectioners' sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread butter on a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes. After a minute of heating, you should stir every 20 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth in consistency. Note, if you are using a powerful microwave, you should set the power to 50 percent.
3. Combine the eggs and garbanzo beans in a food processor. Mix until smooth.
4. Add the sugar and baking powder into the food processor bowl and "pulse" to blend the ingredients. Pour melted chocolate in the bowl. Blend the mixture and keep scraping the chocolate off the corners to make sure it's mixed well. Once smooth in consistency, remove the batter and place in the cake pan.
5. Put the cake pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on how you like it. You can insert a knife in the middle of the cake to test it. If you like the cake moist, then remove it from the oven when there is slight batter stuck to the knife. Otherwise, wait for the knife to come out clean.
6. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool the cake in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and dust it with confectioner's sugar if you would like before serving.
Makes 12 servings.