The Perfect Dinner Idea!
Want a delicious and wholesome dinner idea that spells healthy? Yes please!
Salmon is a great go-to dinner idea that can fill you up without the carbs.
With its pinkish-orange hue, it can not only liven any dish but pairs well with any vegetable. Here's an easy and healthy recipe to try out at home.
Salmon with Leeks & Mushrooms
(adaption of this recipe from Fine Cooking , serves 2)
2 salmon fillets (8 oz each)
1/4 lb mushrooms cut 1/4 inch
1/2 medium leek
1/2 medium lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F. Line an oven tray with parchment paper
- Remove zest from the lemon and toss it with salt and pepper in a bowl
- Place the salmon on the oven tray and rub the lemon zest mixture all over it.
- Roast the salmon for approximately 12 minutes
- Heat olive oil in pan and sauté the mushroom for 3 minutes . Add the leeks to the pan, sprinkle salt and pepper, and cook for approximately 8 more minutes.
- Transfer the salmon and vegetables to a serving plate when ready. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Salmon
Bon'App shows that one portion of salmon has 41 calories, 2 g bad fat, 13 mg salt and 6 g protein.
What does this mean?
It shows that salmon is not only a good source of omega3 fatty acids but protein too. So, go ahead and enjoy that salmon for dinner!